Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kasianowak 2022-04-16 8:10

Hi Paul
That sounds like the story of my life. I moved to the UK 28 years ago. Made a career (including a short period as a Chief Executive of a small charity), bought a house etc. etc. But throughout that time I have been treated by some of the local Britons with sort of suspicion and dismay, especially in 2016-2017. In particular, the fact that I still "have an accent" has been often commented on in a critical way by complete strangers whom no one asked for an opinion! Having said that, I've also made many British friends. I think a similar number of my friends are British as other immigrants (individuals of various ethnic and national background rather than other Polish people).
Another thing I found interesting in your note is that there are accents in Belgium! I hope you don't mind me say, but I thought a country of that size would only have one accent in each of your languages, which I thought were Dutch and French but now I'm reading about East, West and French Flemish dialects as well! We have lots of accents in the UK, both native and foreign, but almost none of that stuff in Poland (maybe because people got mixed so much after WW2).
Anyway... :-)
I really like this series of 3 photos. The art is showcased nicely bathed in the late astronomical winter (or early meteorological spring) sunlight. The colours are wonderful and the composition adjusted in such a way to showcase those works in the best possible way.
Have a nice weekend
Kasia

Old 04-17-2022, 09:53 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To mcmtanyel: Swiss locals

Hi Murat
Thank you for your kind comments!
My fortune teller also looked local. He was an Indian immigrant to Switzerland. :-)
Best wishes
Kasia