Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mkamionka 2022-04-12 1:43

Hi Paul,
This looks amazing. A real life desert next to the sea coast. This is not something we would expect from Belgium.
Great illustration of how a skillfully composed photograph can show things in a new perspective.
Great work here, I am also surprised to see that the sands can be quick sands and dangerous as indicated by the workshop photo.
Great scene, very creative. Pleasant light too. The sky on my screen turned slightly too green but I think I have a problem with my eyes so don't worry about it. Ha ha
The pattern of the sand so nice and undisturbed. I wonder whether people are allowed to walk on the dunes without any limitations? Just remembering the situation in Poland...
Maybe instead of saying that it is not allowed for nature protection they wrote it is dangerous...
I hope there will be more :)
M

Old 04-12-2022, 12:19 PM
TE Expert

Default To mkamionka: The dunes

Thank you Mariusz,

Perhaps my photos of the dunes lead to very wrong expectations among foreigners. The dunes actually form a very small area in the coastal landscape in Belgium.

In the past, there has been a building frenzy on the Belgian coast with a view to economically developing as much space by the sea as possible.

The dunes are now a protected area.

In March I walked in various coastal municipalities (between Blankenberge and Ostend) and had the impression that you were allowed to walk in the dunes in most places.
I remember a part of the dunes that was closed off because it was a nesting place for birds.
I don't know how it is in the other coastal municipalities.

But where I went, it was very difficult to take pictures of the dunes without seeing footprints of others. Something that you have realised in Poland.
Poland has of course much more coast than Belgium.

On my screen there is no green in my main photo. Only a miserable little black stem of a plant.

Kind regards,
Paul
Old 04-12-2022, 05:21 PM
TE Expert

HI Paul,
Yes it is similar when people see only blue sky in my photos from England, ha ha
They may be disappointed hoping to see a real desert in Belgium.
I do like taking postcard like photos but I also enjoy taking surprising compositions like this.
KInd regards,
M