Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great foxy 2020-10-30 10:02

Hello Paul,
Wow! this is stunning view of tea hills ...it's a pretty good photo and the visibility of rolling hills , after another rolling hills as far as the eye can see , pretty amazing too even a bit misty in the horizon. So clear, I can see about 20 huts scattered around the hills. That's say something, isn't it :-)
I do believe that this Tea Plantation is quite new, seeing all the hills with bare patches of newly growth tea plants. I see that the tea plants are quite tall, normally there are pruned to waist height.
For me , the only tea fields I saw was in Cameron Highland, M'sia. And it was beautiful. To be honest, I prefer to see rice terraces. Have you got one? :-)
Well, if you stayed so long in Laos. It's must be a nice country to visit. I'll keep that in mind.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful place.
Loong

Old 10-30-2020, 06:49 PM
TE Expert

Default To foxy: Cameron Highlands

Thank you Loong,

I forgot to mention Cameron Highlands in Malaysia. I've also seen the tea terraces there and they were beautiful.
Rice terraces ... ? In most places I have been on this trip, it wasn't the best time to photograph rice terraces.
In the north of Laos it was certainly too cold to find them.

I will search in my following photos. I've seen quite a few rice terraces on other trips. The most specacular can be seen in the Phiippines.

All the best!
Paul