Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2010-11-11 15:37

Hi Peter
well well, look who came back!
9Mill is a bit pricey don't you think? imagine the sales commision on that!
Overall, i have to give this photo a 9.5 out of 10.
why the missed 0.5? is it just me or is it a tad lilted downward to the left? sometimes its hard to tell because skylines/beachfronts dont always run linear...anyways...i'm nit picking Peter, seriously, its a doozy, and a winner.
If i took this, i'd be very happy and proud of it.
the depth with the F11 is outstanding, as the tall buildings are very well defined. I like the colours in the lower FG, they pop out at the viewer.
the dark coloured bridge is splendid too, and the sailboats are just icing on the cake.
The best feature of all, is without a doubt the popcorn clouds, they seem to "open" up the sky somehow.
great visual.
As for the Blue hour...yeah...i'd love to get my hands on this baby! i'ds do one photoshoot in the daytime, and one at the blue hour...same location. With the buildings SO far back in the frame, it would be VERY hard to get them to be sharp - so this is easily the right choice to shoot this scene.
looking forward to your next one!
Cheers
craig

Old 11-11-2010, 11:40 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To macjake: Going senile

Hi Craig,
Bloody hell, I just went back to my posting folder and see that I posted the wrong shot, I'm definitely going senile.
So all that stuff about the tilt is a total load of BS.

I've posted the correct version as a workshop.

Now can I have the 0.5 .

Regards
Peter