Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great phwall 2010-04-03 17:58

Hello Pranil,
This is an excellent capture, it is a well constructed image.
The vertical format accentuates the foreground gum trees and your composition invites the eye to wander past the trees through to the background perfectly.
Your POV works well too, you have captured the distinctive look of the Australian bush well. Ha, who would guess that this idyllic location is in the middle of Australia's third largest city.
My only comment to the shot would be that it looks a little dark, particularly in the foreground. I'm guessing that the sun was behind a cloud when you shot this and that the TTL metering was exposing for that hot sky. I think it would only take a small adjustment in post to make a marked improvement to the image.
I have added a workshop for you to consider. The changes are subtle but change the tonal values in different parts of the shot. Not that the workshop is any better than your original, just different.

I've had a look through your gallery and you have many fine shots there. I'm looking forward to seeing how you continue to capture Australia through your lens.

Best wishes
Peter

Old 04-05-2010, 08:49 PM
TE Newbie

Smile To phwall: Thank you

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for your critique.

Managing the light is still something I am working on - my images are slightly too dark for my liking.

I like the subtle changes you have done with the lightling.

Thank you for your feedback.

I have seen your photos they are absolutely amazing - i'd be sure to go through them in detail soon.

Kind Regards,
Pranil