Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Waylim 2010-01-26 23:11

Hi Reed,
I love this type of shot, full and rich in cultural and custom. I believe in natural medicine, at least I think most of them are not harmful to our body, even if it's not as effective, perhaps because of where I grew up has something to do with it. Anyway, a very good shot, showing all kinds of exotic roots and leaves. The people seems a bit carious as to why you're there :) I wonder if you can be a man with out a hat there?
Way

Old 01-28-2010, 01:36 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To Waylim: Hi Way!

This was one of my very favorite shots of the trip. The way our guide got this man to explain what all the herbs and roots were good for and translated it back to us was tremendous - really informative, although it was hard for me to pay attention since I was trying to get the perfect POV of this guy. Yeah, all the old men had hats, white straw hats like those - they had at least three stores. You could get some nice cowboy boots there, too, in all sorts of colors and leathers and skins - they had ostrich, crocodile, snakeskin, pigskin, cow leather, antelope - They had pink ostrich cowboy boots, Way - can you imagine the vaquero that would wear them?

What a place - we only touched the surface, we weren't there for very long at all, so only got to see a small slice. Our guide even talked one of the people that had a residence on the town square into letting us into his house to see how he lived. Rodrigo was amazing.

I'm trying to figure out a trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick for this year, but I have a feeling it will pale in comparison to the Copper Canyon trip....

Have a good evening!
Reed
Old 01-28-2010, 05:43 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Hi Reed,

Thanks for the reply and explanations. I do wish to visit Mexico one day, just south of the border.

Nova Scotia and New Brunswick sound interesting, I knew someone just return from a cruise up that way. She loved it.

I guess it is a very different kind of trip, not to compare to Copper Canyon. It's apple and orange, well more like Mango and Apple I'm sure they have different things to offer. As long as you know what to expect. When I go to Europe I expect more architecture and city scape, when I go to Peru, I expect to see more cultural and daily life of the people and Inca ruins. I love them all.

Anyway, I want to see as many places. Life too short to see them all, so take advantage of whatever time we have here. Happy travel, I say.

Way