Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-19-2003, 11:46 PM
TE Newbie

Default Critiques

Thanks for the suggestions, critiquers! My first version of the shot I realized I had compressed it way too much, and it was the gamma-corrected version. I was trying to fit into the max of 800 long and 200k, and didn't realize I was way under on size, so I redid it and when going back to the original, forgot to correct the gamma again.

As for the suggestion on sharpness, I was worried I'd lose some of the glow, or softness, but I guess the foreground people around the balloon do need a lot of sharpening. This carries over to the next item, rotating the pic a degree or so CC -- I don't have the tools I need on my laptop that I really need, plus the LCD screen isn't as good as my 19" Trinitron to see detail and color. My main computer is being rebuilt, so all I have on my laptop is Irfanview. I just bought an upgrade to Paint Shop Pro 8, which should handle the rotation very well, as well as give me some masking to better sharpen or apply filters to just parts of the image.

Thanks again for the suggestions! Hopefully things will improve a bit once I'm back up to full-speed again...

gerryg
Old 10-19-2003, 11:54 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Critiques

Oh, and thanks for the welcome to TrekEarth! I just found it this week and am still learning what all it does. I hope to do a "workshop" if I can figure it out, and the travelogues and themes sound interesting, too.