Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 01-06-2004, 10:53 AM
TE Newbie

Default thanks

Hi i want to thank you for ur advise and ur work in my photo. I'm very new in this and need help and advises. Pls if u can tell me about the noise, what exackly is it? How i can repair it if i can? My email is laxpix[email protected]
thanks for all
Kostas
Old 01-06-2004, 03:19 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: thanks

The noise is the color turbulences which occur in digital photography in dark areas (dark area containing stains if blue or red for instance). It is generally increased by the higher ISO settings. It may be due to high *.jpg compression too or the increase of color saturation in post-processing.

To prevent this, you must avoid using ISO setting too high. The tripod may help you to keep it fixed on 100 ISO in spite of low light. In post processing, you can decrease it by avoiding to use too much “sharping” tool or correcting such areas by using “fading” tools. There is also a program really helpful for this called Neatimage which can analyze your picture or enable you to use a setting which fits to the profile of your camera so as to remove as much noise as possible.

Generally speaking, when you try to remove noise in post processing, it’s always with a negative impact on the sharpeness of the picture (look at the leaves on the tree of your picture and compare it to the WS). So, one have to find the right balance. Or think about this when taking the picture (tripod use !!!)

Regards,

Steven