Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great delpeoples 2011-05-16 22:38

Welcome back dear friend

So good to see you here, we hope you've been keeping well. Lovin your Blues by the looks of it. We were only just taling about your the other day. I was round at Peter's (PHWall) house last week and it's his opinion that you're without equal here on TE in photographing singers and artists. I agree with him. I still think of that one with the guy spraying beer into the air! Great shot here, you've captured all his personality. He must be the cool of cool. Fantastic definition and light management. Love your new toy and what it can do too. TFS - I'm now going to enjoy a bit more of Zac's music and have a relaxing afternoon.

Cheers
Lisa

Old 05-18-2011, 02:28 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To delpeoples: Hello Lisa!

Good to see you, too! I still get notified when my favorites posts a shot, so I have seen each and every one of yours since the last time I commented on one - you and Pete will remain a couple of my favorites forever.

I really never realized how much my expertise could be in demand before I retired! I have a non-stop line of folks who want things from me. It's just a shame that most of them don't want to pay me! At this moment in time I have a laptop just finishing up repair (paid - hooray!), a desktop that needs configuring and the data transferred from the user's old machine to it (barter job), a desktop that I built that needs to be delivered (barter job - this time for beer - Yay!), an estate sale in the city that I am getting ready and before I can deliver the PC on my way to work on the estate sale I have to shoot a condo about 20 miles south of the city (barter job again...)

Each and every day goes something like that and has for quite some time. I had to tell my customers that I couldn't take any more estate sales last year because I had to make time to sell stuff on eBay for the Christmas rush.

I have also been trying to get more professional with my music photography. Getting in to shoot some of the shows locally is really a pain in the butt, but I have met some important folks while getting my credentials. Unfortunately, credentialing for a free-lance photographer must be done for each and every show. The first time I attempted to get some credentials (for a band called "Grace Potter & the Nocturnals") I got a negative response since I didn't have a website where I could display my portfolio. Now I do - it's a work in progress, I've been trying to get time to add content, but by the time I get around to it I'm falling asleep on the keyboard and all the web pages look like "qwsderyojbmkli" and I have to rinse off the keys...

That website is here if you are interested.

Anyway, my next shoot is soon, so I have to haul ass as they say here in the American Mid-West... I'll be back soon!

Talk to you later,

Reed