Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mikebottomley 2010-12-12 14:19

G'Day, Peter,
Nice photo, I think the misty look is great, I did a quick workshop with a border, Sorry !!Curious when I enlarged what is that brown mass in the tree, pine cone? The water looks great, glad you didn't slow it down too much.Look great as a poster.
Regards Mike

Old 12-13-2010, 04:16 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To mikebottomley: Workshop

Hi Mike,
Thank you for the comment and thank you also for taking the time to do a workshop on the shot.
I'm not too sure about the black border, maybe it is a little too thick, a thinner outline might have been better. I think the hard black takes away a lot of the softness I was looking for with the fog. Certainly worth a look though.
The little brown mass in the tree has got me stumped too, it might be a little critter like a possum, hard to tell. I'll blow up the full res shot and see if I can make it out. No, just had a look and it's a Grevillia cone. Bugger, wish it had turned out to be a possum.
Thanks again for commenting on the shot.
Regards
Peter
Old 12-13-2010, 09:56 PM
TE Junior Member

Peter, I think I had too much time on my hands yesterday, I agree the border is a tad harsh, and not the look you were trying to achieve, I think I like Erdem's version, that has lifted the soft look, but it all boils down to what we like, and prefer. Its still a great shot !!! Take Care Mate.
Regards Mike