Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great rlrad 2010-03-01 15:49

Hi Kari,

Thanks for the interestingly frozen photographs over the past few days, you were kind to brave the freezing cold to get them for us.

I don't think I have ever seen trees that frosted over in the US, I've seen them frozen from freezing rain, but that's a whole different ball game. These are very beautiful!

More beautiful, however, because they are yours and so is that cold. It's showing signs of maybe warming up here, perhaps another three to five weeks of too cold before the green starts popping out here and there and the too-short spring arrives.

Did you get any ill-effects from the Xanthia storm that hit Europe 27-28 Feb?

Thanks again for the wonderful white unspoiled frozen stuff, you did a fine job of capturing it and letting us see.

Regards,
Reed

Old 03-02-2010, 06:41 AM
TE Expert

Default To rlrad: Xanthia

Thanks Reed,
Westernly winds meant the end of two month consecutive period below zero, with +1 C in the weekend. We again got some snow, but the actual storm didn't reach Finland.
Kari
Old 03-02-2010, 10:47 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Above freezing

Is good, right?

Glad no destruction got up there - seems like there was way too much last weekend.

Have a great Tuesday!
Reed