Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great rigoletto 2014-01-25 8:54

definitely a girl thing. i just realized how that shoe issue is written to the subconscious of little girls telling fairy tales about glass shoes: "if you wear the best shoe in the town, you can get the prince". one similar story is about having long hairs, yes, rapunzel: "having long hair, you can get prince charming in" :))
i tried a lot but could not make any connections with the sleeping beauty: "if you sleep a thousand years, you'll always keep young and beautiful"??? well, at least this one doesn't make sense.

ps: i am not even writing about snow white, which is a crazy fantasy about necrophilia....

Old 01-25-2014, 05:44 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To rigoletto: fairy tales

you always make me laugh

i hadn't made the connection before, but yes, i think you're right about cinderella setting us females up for a lifetime of looking for just the right shoe that will deliver our prince to us

and whoa... i never thought of snow white like that, but that's sure to mess with my head from now on

k
Old 01-25-2014, 06:00 PM
TE Expert

once i read an article about the origins of these tales. of course most of them are derived and updated by grimm bros or andersen, according to the taste of its day, but they were created in medieval times when everything was much different.

eg. you should read about the tragedy behind pied piper of hamelin, how the story was created after the deaths of thousands of children in its time. i was shocked to learn about children's crusade in 1212 AD.

and snow white living in a house with seven dwarves.... tut tut tut... the real story is much less childish.... and why is she so white, like dead?

the cannibalism in haensel und gretel........

it IS fun to go to the real stories lying behind.