Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great willperrett 2015-09-25 2:34

Hello Alain

Both technically and aesthetically, this photograph succeeds big time. I'd love to know what lighting there was: some form of back-lighting from those defocussed highlights? Your viewpoint is inspired too.

Regards

Will

Old 09-25-2015, 03:59 PM
TE Expert

Default To willperrett: Visiting London......

Hello Will,

Thank you once again for your kind remarks!

Thank you also for reminding me about just how easy it is for you to get into the city from where you live. Unfortunately, our stay in London in May was a very fleeting affair - just two days on our way back from Menorca to catch up with my step-daughter. So we never had any time to do anything other than simply wander for hours and miles around London. Even this was very much a "grabbed" shot during our peregrinations. But I will certainly bear you in mind if ever I'm back down there again.

In the meantime, I believe that Claude may be coming across sometime in October or November. Like yourself, I'm having some withdrawal symptoms from TE meetings - it really would be nice if just a few of us could meet up again sometime.

Unfortunately a lot of people seem to have either left TE or else become less active. I think part of the problem might be that a few seem to have migrated to a thing called GuruShots. Rosemary (SnapRJW) is quite active there - she's not been on TE for months - and so is Brian (timecapturer) - again, absent from TE for around six months - and Ann is pretty active there too, having done pretty well in the ratings recently. Ann recently remarked on it on her Facebook page. I've had a very quick look at the site but I'm not sure if it appeals to me. Have you looked at it? I'd be interested to hear what you feel about it if you do!

Best Wishes,

John.