Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-06-2006, 12:49 AM
TE Junior Member

Default France Vs Italy World cup Final 2006

Siamo prontissimi! We Italians will make Ragu with the French!

Ofcourse we all want to see wonderful open football the best vs the best.

From the Italian community in Chelsea.

Sorry Portugal, maybe next time.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:02 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: France Vs Italy World cup Final 2006

lols ...
seems like that is what Italians did Simone, they definitely outplayed the French in the first half and that head of zizou was such a disgrace to this wonderful sport. ... it was good that france scored in the begining, it gave the italians a wake up call, I had a feeling that if france had scored in the first half with brazil, the outcome of this world cup would have been different ... but than that is just my pov.
well congrats from Canada mate ... my brother was telling me that Italians had quite a party in Toronto.
ciao .... sarju
Old 07-10-2006, 07:42 AM
TE Expert

winning by one shoot-out, ragu?!?!? the italian players themselves have admitted they have had luck on their side. When all you want is to wait for the very last possibility to win, ie. shoot-outs, the italians are masters at it. Sport does bring results that can be contrary to what happened on the field. Congrats to Italy for having been the benefactors of it. But for Ragu, hard to remember a recipe when the last time you made some was 1982! :-))))
Old 07-10-2006, 07:44 AM
TE Senior Member

Default well who won?

I am very disappointed with TE! I have just got up and I am keen to find out who won last night. It was 1-1 at half time, when I went to bed. This morning, I have rushed straight to TE. Well! Where else would one look? But here is not one single comment on the football. Now, Iíll have to wait for the waiters in the Silom Complex to tell me the result, over my morning coffee. This is just too bad of you TE_ers!
Old 07-10-2006, 08:18 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: well who won?

You cafe was not strong enough this morning, Kevin. 2 threads, including this one, all on top of this forum section have clearly indicated who won. Vous buvez du the, monsieur, peut-etre?
Old 07-10-2006, 08:28 AM
TE Expert

I agree with sports bringing out results that do not portray what happened on the field, and there is no sport that I can think about where this phenomenon is more prevalent than football, IMHO it is this very unpredictablity that makes football sport so very interesting ... who would have thought that Greece was going to win the EuroCup ... or France to beat Brazil in FIFA semifinal(not so long ago) .. i can go on and on with the list ... BTW I think Italians outplayed France for sure today.
I guess this would be my rant for the day .... CIAO
Old 07-10-2006, 08:31 AM
TE Senior Member

Yes! Yes! Herve,thanks, I think they slipped in between me writing that note and managing to upload it. When you get to my age Herve, you get a bit slow! so is my server! Regards.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:37 AM
TE Junior Member

Figo decides to quit after the world cup, and Zidane decides to quit.
Figo decides to headbutt an opponent, Zidane decides to do the same! What a way to exit the world stage! Mind you his penalty was very smooth, but I don't think his sending off affected the team much. The French seemed content with taking penalties, and when it goes to that stage, well....
Old 07-10-2006, 08:51 AM
TE Expert

Er..That's previsions, Sarju, you are talking about, not the games as they were played themselves. i think it was obvious Italy was totally spent starting the second half, and the strategy was to revert to catenaccio until the shoot-outs. A quick look at the attacking stats shows that, as well as Lippi relieving Totti, the midfielder # 1, then Del Piero, both apt forwards and scorers. France was not super-sharp, but kept at it, I think they definitely lost a match that was in their hands,inversely it would be hard to show where Italy won it, save when Trezeguet hit the bar, of course.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:31 AM
TE Expert

Thanks for clarifying ... your commets do make a better sense now.
yes if you break the game in first and second half and analyze how the events folded .. it is a different story. .... France did had some edge over Italy in the second half.
But than is'nt forcing the team to a Penalty shoot-out a part of the game too?