Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2014-03-20 14:30

Hi Bev,

So lovely to see you back posting more pictures - I hope this will be you coming back and posting many more! But, really, isn't it amazing just how time flies once you've retired - how did we ever have time to work??

This is a delightful photograph, these two trumpeters perfectly captured. I just love how both of them seem to have their eyes turned skyward as though invoking inspiration. And, of course, March last year was a lot colder than this year and I guess that's why these chaps are really wrapped up against the weather.

Technically this picture is superb too. The reduced format here of 790 pixels wide doesn't do it justice but, when viewed at its "native" size of 1500 pixels wide, the details and sharpness are stunning. Yet, try as I might, I was not convinced that I could recognise the photographer in the shiny bell of the nearer trumpet!

A lovely candid shot with good composition, perfect exposure and stunning details and clarity.

Oh, yes, and a fine workshop picture too!

Fabulous!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:44 PM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: Retirement

Thank you for your critique John. Much appreciated as ever. I can hardly believe that I have been retired for almost a year. I really don't know what I have done with my time. The days just slip by. I have surprised myself that I have not used my camera as much as I had expected. However, I do intend to and have just purchased a rail card to make it easier to travel to cities for street photography without the hassle of a car. I'll blame the weather for not getting out into the countryside. It has been dreadfully wet, hasn't it?
Bev