Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2013-12-10 14:27

Hi Bev,

This is a cracker! Those bright red rose hips stand out gloriously in the foreground with the distant view nicely out of focus though we can still see enough details to realise that some walkers are going along the snowy road.

A beautifully composed picture with gorgeous light and colours, perfect exposure and exquisite details and sharpness in those foreground fruits.

A beautiful winter scene and an interesting note to accompany it too.

Fabulous!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. I don't know if you were a culprit many years ago, but I well remember when I was at primary school that the girls used to pick these rose hips and I think they used to dry them out somehow. Then they used to sneak up behind you and pop the dried powdery stuff from inside them down the back of your neck - it was a very effective form of "itching powder"! I'm not sure if young children still get up to these pranks!

Old 12-11-2013, 09:04 AM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: Itching powder

Good morning John,
thanks for your critique. Don't remember using rosehip seed as itching powder, but thanks for the tip!
Bev
Old 12-11-2013, 09:46 AM
TE Expert

Default Nice to know of your innocence!

Hi Bev,

Thanks for the reply.

It's refreshing to think that you were so innocent as a young girl! (As I am sure you still are. )

It obviously wasn't you who was sitting behind me in Mrs. Henderson's P2 class all those years ago!

Kind Regards,

John.