Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great m 2012-03-28 12:18

Hi Bornav,
a very pretty composition, so many seagulls in one place:) Maybe I'd tone down contrast a bit. Nice shot.
Cheers
Marina

Old 03-29-2012, 05:30 AM
TE Expert

Smile To tyro: Ciao Giovanni

Ciao Giovanni

Thanks for your kind words, especially about the quality. I'm not all that pleased with the quality, but I've been in one of those moods where I'd prefer to post the photo that's about the moment rather than one with all the camera settings in the right order.

To answer your question, yes that is the same pool as you've put in the link. Clever boy! In actual fact, this pool is not all that protected, although is safer than the pool at North Curl Curl eg. http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Oce...oto1057745.htm. As an oldie now I actually marvel at my stupidity for doing exactly what that bloke in the photo is doing.

Another example is where I've been in swimming races in pools exactly like this where I've started off in lane 6 and ended up in lane 1 because of the waves breaking over me The waves really were quite wild that evening, and I think these little guys were so brave to stay in there not just because of the water temperature and weather conditions, but the waves were slightly frightening. The girls had more sense, they were near me on the sidelines eggin the boys on

Anyway, thanks for your encouragement
Lisa