Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-03-2005, 09:22 PM
TE Newbie

Default Only one pic a day? and no search in forums ?

I would like to know why can we just upload one picture a day?
And if there is any other form of uploading more pictures by paying or ratting other pictures

and how come there isnt a search function in the forums?

i see that this site is based on php im sure u could use search_array() to search for a forum, would not be easy to implement but doable with a litle bit of planning.

anyway just would like the answer to this 2 questions
thank you
Old 05-03-2005, 10:35 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Only one pic a day? and no search in forums ?

search function is just on the left, it's difficult not to see it,
limit of one photo per day is due to volume, if you were allowed to upload as much as you wish it would be even more difficult to see new images.

Other sites like photo.net or pbase.com don't have such limits, you may want to check them out (pbase is not free, photo.net has a free and paid option).
Peter
Old 05-04-2005, 03:22 AM
TE Newbie

The point of TE is that it's a collaborative community, where photographers seek and give each other constructive criticism, consistent with the stated goals of a) learning about the world through photography and b) improving your photographs.

If there was no limit on uploads, you'd be tempted to spend all your "TE-time" uploading, rather than critiqueing.

Also, with unlimited uploads, this site would probably either a) drown in banners or b) stop being free, or both, fairly quickly.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:44 AM
TE Expert

Hi David

Guess this is not a photo album, more like a place to be active by posting and maybe use some of the time between the daily photo uploading to write up to 20 critics and unlimited comments to some of the other member photos. Try it out, should be no problem being engaged at TE.

Also I think the search option is not the best, let's see if the webmaster will look in to it.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:45 PM
TE Expert

Also I think the search option is not the best, let's see if the webmaster will look in to it.

Hi all,

When I'm not happy with TE's search function result, I usually use Google's site search option. I fill Google search form this way:

site trekearth.com search string

This will return a list of result according to the search string but only within Trekearth. Although, one need to know that the most recent changes done to Trekearth might not be yet referred in Google.

Eg: Here is what you get if you entered site:www.trekearth.com "Compression size problem" in Google's search form.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:54 PM
TE Newbie

yeah that is an option

the latest things wont show up in google cause they havent send the 100s of boots spying on the website to record information. ( i am a google lover hehe )

maybe the webmaster should put a search text box what will redirect into google searching inside only this website

anyway this site is kidn of cool and theres room for improvement

can we donate money to the website?