Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mkamionka 2009-02-18 4:33

Amazing place.
Thanks for sharing that.
I love the places which you show and your compositions are always great but something is wrong technically with your photos. I am not sure what.
This one is may be just not sharp enough.
M

Old 02-19-2009, 03:07 AM
TE Expert

Default To gunbud: Crew...

Hi Tom,

I saw your note two years after you posted it. Crew is a fabulous sport. I rowed at St. Andrew's School (site of the Dead Poet's Society), Georgetown (then later as a post-doc, at Oxford). But IO never reached the pinnacle of the sport that my son's crew did. He is the stroke in that 20-year old Princeton shot. They won the Nationals, he was the stroke. Like the parents of a "Little Leaguer" at a decidedly different level, we journeyed to Henley, located between Oxford and London, to see them row. He actually got to do this three times. In the scheme where we would like our children to do better than we did, he not only surpassed me in crew, he received an MD and a PhD from Hopkins, which makes him "Dr Dr Atalay." (I just have a PhD). I was very much interested in your note about the inner city students. It's a great sport, nurturing camaraderie as no other sport. It is such strenuous work, akin to living in the trenches.

Regards,

Bulent