Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great andante 2009-02-08 14:27

New Jersey... middle of the winter... this picture makes me long for the spring days... would like to hear your comments about the Mark II.
The people in the picture with a touch of 'wish you were here'

TFS,
Enrique

Old 02-09-2009, 10:31 PM
TE Newbie

Default To andante: Mark II

Hello Enrique, so far I was with the new Mark II very positively surprised. Excellent features - self cleaning chip - really working, had a dirt on the chip and it disappeared after switchin it off and on again. Excellent focusing speed and accuracy - I made a series of flying flamingoes and all pictures were perfectly sharp. And ISO 50 up to 25600, which enables you to take picturres at night in a very low light. A disadvantage is a brand new baterry incompatible with chargers for the 511,512,... bateries from the 5D. I am really glad I did the upgrade. Can just recommend. Best regards, Michael
Old 02-10-2009, 02:11 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To andante: Mark II

Hey, Michael, thanks for taking the time and share your impressions about the camera. In regards to the battery, my experience with previous Canon is that the battery life is very limited, have they done something about it? or do I have to order 3 more batteries when I purchase the camera?
Old 02-10-2009, 02:21 PM
TE Newbie

They say up to 800 pistures, which is much better. However you know how it is - the new battery works quite well. However during my trip, I did not want to risk running out of battery, therefore I did recharge at every possible location. Finally spare batteries are in the market and I expect a one to arrive next week. So to be honest, I do not have any answer to this question. With the 5D I had 3 batteries and my son additional 2 with his 20D, and one of them was really extremely bad and one was extremely good and all the rest was acceptable, at least from that viewpoint, we never run out of power.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:42 PM
TE Junior Member

Thanks again! Completely agree with your save approach.

Cheers