Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 01-02-2008, 02:32 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: New Year's Resolutions

For me, I hope to...

-Buy a digital SLR (any suggestions are welcome)
-Find a photography class to learn how to use new camera, and
-Be more active on this site (I have slowed down considerably on this site with all that has been going on with job searching and moving, but will be settling down very soon)

Happy New Years to all!
Amber
Old 01-02-2008, 07:32 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Inta.

Sounds like a sensible list to me - especially the D300. Very recently got mine. I also have the D200 (a fabulous camera in its own right) but the D300 is different class altogether. Having seen images from the D2Xs (a camera with a similar sized sensor) the D300 is way better - particularly at the higher ISO levels.

Cuba? A strong contender for our next holiday in 2008. I would be very grateful if you could let me know how you get on as we are seriously considering a trip (a week in Trinidad and Havana and a week scuba diving).

Very best wishes for 2008 and hope you make your resolutions come true....

Paul.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:39 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Amber.

As a confirmed Nikonian, I can't recommend the D300 highly enough. Plenty of pixels, a superb sensor in every conceivable lighting situation (most noticeable in low light with 3200 ISO - which looks like 400 ISO at worst) and built like a tank. Superb range of lenses and other accessories and not a bad price.

My other suggestion would be the Canon 40D - a very close contender to the D300 and an equally impressive lens and accessory line-up and the Sony Alpha 700 - one of the best (if not the prettiest IMO) cameras I've seen - but yet to build the sort of lens range that Nikon and Canon boast.

Best wishes for 2008.

Paul.