Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Tavo 2004-11-01 12:35

Very good concept and vision, I like very much this light effect (not to repeat myself- why, please read my critique to Norbert Woehnl’s Golden October II), and I like also the smooth color of the cloudy sky, very elegant, needless to say about the colors of the hill. However, the proportions are slightly too much... you understand. If the castle would be placed in approx. 1/3 of the frame, both horizontally and vertically... Then there is also a too misty silhouette of another hill behind, or it is a cloud? On a weaker monitor it would be invisible; my is fine but also for me it is unclear: is there something and should it be there or not?
But in any case it is a very courageous and ambitious composition and anyhow a nice attractive picture, strong one.
PeterB
PS Sorry, Isabelle, I just after posting my critique read your reply to Oliver, your reasoning is convincing, but I nevertheless remain with my opinion on the too excentric compo, and also with my enjoying the picture as it is. Would like to see more such breaking rules on TE, well considered, reasonable, and polemic at the same time.

Old 11-01-2004, 07:32 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Tavo: placed in approx. 1/3 of the frame...

I like to break the law ;-)
But I agree with you... some less fog (cropping tighter) on the upper part of the image would balance better the picture.
The silhouette behind : you're right... it's another hill you can guess. I think It wasn't necessary to correct (erase) it.
Thanks for your comment. :)