Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-09-2003, 01:19 PM
TE Newbie

Default Many Images. Solutions (ADM)

1- Increase number of images you can see per page.

2- Make a posting section for Novice peole!!
(You should determine that)
When some people in the novice reach some points,
change to another level.

3- Strong suggest in no novice category, to think hard before posting,
or reduce photo limit, by no novice people.

4- (this one is a bit radical, take it easy, just a suggestion)
deletion of all less 1 point photos, without interest, etc ..

5- Novice category is BEST, but if not, just make a section,
where you can see last 30 days, post with more than 10 points.
(I know, I knw, is just a suggestion)

6- Critic quota, depending on your postings, or the critics you recieve you should have a critic quota you must do.
Like in one month, a minimum of 10 to 100 photos to critisice, if not done, then mail to the person.

(Please not divide the site in groups or communities!!!)
Old 10-09-2003, 05:19 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Many Images. Solutions (ADM)

how about you must have critiqued as many photos as you have recieved before you can post again. I am going to catch my own up before I post agin, this way more critiques, less photos from me.

So if you post a photo and receive 6 critiques, you must critique six others before you can post again
Old 10-09-2003, 05:56 PM
TE Newbie

Default Critiques Solutions (ADM)

Good idea, but I feel better being that optional, like having a record visible, of your number of critics dones, and numbers of critics made. Then you are advised you daily quote.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:42 PM
TE Expert

Many of your suggestions are based on points. I do not feel points accurately represent much so I will not be basing things on points.

As far as critiques are concerned, I do not want to 'force' critiques, because it would be quite easy for members to write almost anything to satisfy the requirement.

"(Please not divide the site in groups or communities!!!)"

There will always be the main site as well. It won't be necessary to join a group to participate.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:03 PM
TE Senior Member

OK Adam, sounds like you've got an idea in the works.

I'd like to get back to the initial post. I don't like the idea of segregating new members. If this site does split into groups I'd like to see some mechanism for new people to be introduced into the group.

This site has a history that needs to be carried forth (IMHO). This is an incredibly helpful and peaceful site and I'd hate for new members to not be introduced to that tradition.

Realistically there are more photographs taken in a single hour in the world than one could look at in a week of 24/7. We can't see everything. This site has gotten too busy for me to see anything more than a small percentage.

I'd like to be part of a smaller community where I know the members and can develop a photographic relationship with them. I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas Adam.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:50 PM
TE Expert

Have any of you thought about taking pictures off after some time? Pictures that did not receive points or pictures that have not been viewed that much, or...I did it already twice.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:46 PM
TE Senior Member

I believe that Adam's original intent was to have a site where one could view pictures of the world. Taking down pictures doesn't aid that goal.

The problem, IMO, is not the number of pictures but the number of new pictures each day.

Back a few months ago when the rate of new pictures was lower one could get to know each of the active members. (Lots of people sign up and post a few or no photos, then disappear.)

Now I see only a small portion of what's posted each day. I generally have no idea of the photographer's skill level so I don't know whether to praise a small achievement from a beginner or chastise a sloppy job from an accomplished photographer.

The overall number of pictures is simply a storage problem. If Adam is having trouble affording storage space then he can work out a solution for that.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:14 PM
TE Junior Member

I don't comprehend any person's adversity to my removing one of my "own" photos. I believe, according to TOS, we can remove, delete, call it what you will, our own photos. If I want to delete one of "my" photos, should I have to have Adam's or somebody elses permission? I think not. If I want to remove one of my photos, for whatever reason, shouldn't I be able to do that? So why the discourse about this time and again- it would seem it's a no-brainer, do it or don't, your choice. IMHO.
JJ
Old 10-09-2003, 09:17 PM
TE Junior Member

Add "if it follows TOS" after words "your choice" in my previous post.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:47 PM
TE Senior Member

And I haven't seen anyone pitch a hissy fit when someone took one of their photos down.

Read my post again, please. I believe that Adam wanted a lot of photos of the world for people to look at. If people take their photos down there won't be as many photos on the site.

The issue is about the rate of new photos. Not about the total of photos stored on Adam's hard drive.