Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great boonie 2007-06-03 9:40

Mornin Jackie
Nice capture of the structure of Mr. Wright. Where is this one located. Might be fun to travel to all the known FLW builing on a photo journey.

Dan

Old 06-03-2007, 06:03 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To boonie: Welcome Back!

Hey Dan!
Glad to have you back! This is in San Luis Obispo, right downtown. I have the address somewhere, if you'd like it just let me know. Yes, I am loosely planning to travel to and try to photograph as many of FLW's buildings as I can, as time and travel plans permit. Am thinking of doing the same for Julia Morgan (one of whose buildings is also in San Luis Obispo - this was my first visit to SLO and I was quite surprised and impressed, it's a cute and interesting town - even has a Calif. mission as well. So much in one little town!). Anyways, J. Morgan is sadly underrated these days, IMHO. Another of my personal scavenger hunts (I have many, it keeps the photography interesting and challenging) is Calif. missions. Clearly, SLO was a goldmine!
Best, Jackie
Old 06-05-2007, 01:56 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To boonie: Welcome Back!

Been to SLO many time - had two daughters graduate from Cal Poly. Been to the Mission but did miss FLW's structure. I would be interested in the address if you can locate it. Thanks for the information.

Dan
Old 06-06-2007, 06:52 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To boonie: Kundert Bldg - FL Wright

Hey Dan,
Happy Wednesday!
Here is the address for this FLW building: 1106 Pacific (on the corner of Pacific and Santa Rosa).
I just shot another FLW commercial building today - this one is in downtown SF, on Maiden Lane, now the Xanadu Gallery (it was something else when FLW designed it, I think). Who knew? (while I've seen the building forever, I didn't know it was a FLW bldg. until I started doing some research on the subject.) I hope to get around to posting one or two photos on TE in the next couple of days.
All the best, Jackie