Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Paul57 2007-05-16 11:59

Hi Cecilia,
WELCOME TO TE.
This is a beautiful picture. The colors are great and an exceptional POV. This photo reminds me of Lake Titicaca near San Pablo de Tiquina in Bolivia. Too bad you didn't post a larger version.
Regards,
Paul

Old 05-16-2007, 07:02 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Paul57: hi from cecilia, yamdrok tso lake

hi paul, tks a lot for your comment!! I am very new to this. My original picture has very large pixel. I resize it to upload to trekearth. However, you and another TE member commented on the small size. I've tried many times to upload bigger size but fail to do that. Any tips for me? Help?

Thanks
Cecilia
Old 05-16-2007, 07:15 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Size

Hi Cecilia,

Do mind the file size as well - remember that maximum size in pixels is 800x800 and maximum file size is 200kb. Most likely your file size has exceeded 200kb and that's the reason why you haven't been able to post them here.

I recommend using "save to Web" option if using PhotoShop, otherwise you can easily do it with programmes like Picasa (you're able to download it for free from Google). You can also do it with pretty much any imaging programmes - just save it with settings that compress the photo enough (but not too much). I hope this helps!
Cheers!
Old 05-16-2007, 11:08 PM
TE Junior Member

hi Paul,

I'm so glad that you replied!!
I'm using photoshop and thanks so much for the tip. Will let you know after i successfully uploaded to trekearth, tks so so much!!

Cecilia
Old 05-17-2007, 12:45 PM
TE Junior Member

hi Paul,

i have tried open the photo and resize it to 800 x 532, and the size is 1.22M. It became a .GIF file ,which i couldn't upload to trekearth because they only accept JPEF file.

what should i do?