Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great adamchewts01 2007-04-16 8:16

Hi Frisco,

I think this picture is a little underexpose. I have did a workshop on this picture as I think it such a beautiful & peaceful place. Hope you like it.

Adam

Old 04-16-2007, 04:54 PM
TE Newbie

Default To adamchewts01: underexposed picture

Hello adam, i viewed through your workshop. well i frankly say that i like your way in perceiving this shot. I knew that this photo would appear somehow a bit underexposed for some viewers. it actually depends on our monitor. for me, im using my laptop with a tft lcd screen. you might be using a flat screen or a conventional monitor. it actually varry on its presentation style. i mean some pictures will look bright in certaain monitors with certain settings, some will not. (i forgot what term is used for this). so in my screen, the picture looks well exposed, in others, it doesnt.

The same applies in our camera's lcd view. i learned that we should never depend on our lcd to judge the correct exposure of our shot. the best is to use mathematical skills and some experience to judge the right exposure. the most essential tools is the exposure meter, which has been long used by photographers untill todays digital world.

for me, i only depend on lcd screen to view how accurate is my POV or how well i have "croped" or "framed" the view i have taken. for exposure, i ussually do it in my computer. im using a not so convenient Dcamera. its best to judge the esposure through exposure graph (or how should i call it, a histogram, or what... sorry, ive forgoten). with that, we can judge how well exposed our photos are.

exposure is really a critical topic to be discussed. even i mayself am not an expert in it with my inadequate photography tools. anyhow, im looking forward to see your improvements in Digital photography and would like to see your best shoots in the future.

All the best and thanks for your comments adam,

Frisco
Old 04-17-2007, 05:43 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To adamchewts01: underexposed picture

Hi Frisco,

I agree to what you say on the exposure. It is really subjective but I tought of a simple way to see it. Just print one copy then you will know if it is under or over exposed. That should be straight forward.

Adam
Old 04-24-2007, 06:33 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To adamchewts01: underexposed picture

haha, yea right... i agree with the printing suggestion too... heeee... but somehow... some printers have different settings too.... huh, really complicated duh? well maybe the it doesn't matter at all=)