Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great AnimeshRay 2007-04-15 11:02

Those eyes, Sohrab! Whatever made you stoop down on your knees to frame these mountain-like constellation of faces, two with eyes abated, as if in patience, like goddesses, and another looking over the horizon with determined expectation, the statuesque faces of these mothers remind me of that hill in North Dakota...whatever made you go down on your knees for this one, that was the right instinct.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:48 PM
TE Expert

Default To AnimeshRay: i didn't

realise their eyes like that or the way they were standing..
i was in a very remote ares. at the block office there.. was on a survey. came across a lot of people. actually noticed these women together.. there were more..

what made me notice them were their clothes.. the women of this tribal region very often wear maroonish clothes..
i was down on my knees talking to people. they were aware of my camera.. and i spent a lot of time looking through the viewfinder..
they got comfortable with me.. plus they all were aware that we were staying in that block for a while and i had met many of them before at worksites etc..
so i didn't really have to do much..

about their eyes..
lots of women have such eyes there..
this is a barren mountaineous tribal region and you cannot see a tree for miles.. they were uder a solitary tree.
this is a phtoograph that i had taken in the same region in a village about 2-3 km away from where the present photograph was taken. and this was taken in 2005.