Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Galeota 2007-04-15 11:24

Their faces are fascinating, but I'm not really sure they need that halo around their heads, giving them a kind of angelical aura which just doesn't seem adequate to me. You're not becoming mystical are you?

Old 04-15-2007, 07:40 PM
TE Expert

Default To Galeota: hi

hi gal,
how are you?
good to hear from you after so long..
no no i'm not becoming mystical ):
as far this work is concerned.
it's a part of a social documentary that i've been working on for long.
firstly i always burn my skies..
secondly there was a tree nearby and so the sun was filtering through
the lady on the left was more or less in the shade because of which i had to dodge her face to bring out more detail.
on the whole.. the negative doens't have the best exposure.. and so had to balance out the print a bit.
i get a little restless with a washed out sky.. so i always burn it.

for anyone to get mystical i think it depends mainly on the core of the photograph and not just the burns and the dodges.. no?
Old 04-15-2007, 08:01 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Galeota: hi

or anyone to get mystical i think it depends mainly on the core of the photograph and not just the burns and the dodges.. no?

Yes...sure...I feel so much trouble in looking at your photographs that I end up finding mysticism in them even if you probably find yourself very far from there, deep in the rational side of the world. I've always searched for the dark side of the moon, unconsciously, hence find it in everything I feel really different from the rest. I don't really intend to throw you roses, but your vision (photography wise) touches me deeply..and that's not really new because I already felt likewise when I first came across your photos in this website. It is not a matter of talent only, but a way to interact with your environment. Your images frequently translate into words when I see them and there's no better path into deep feelings, as far as I see it, because I was born in a literary universe.

I also miss your words around the site, sometimes a loghorea (please don't take it on the bad side) as a fountain of thoughts bursting to be liberated.

There are some people of whom I which to have the talent, sometimes. When I think of you, I think of someone unreachable to me because feeling "things" I will never know, not even in dreams.

Thank you for your explanation on burning, dodging and playing poker...
Old 04-16-2007, 11:26 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Galeota: hi

hey gal.. thanks.. now i'm embarassed :)

i do remember that you once called me fidel castro hehe :)