Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PixelTerror 2007-04-05 15:12

Hi Steve
Nice to see you pop up and say hello from time to time !
The strength given to the foreground in this image is amazing, looks like a wide angle view, it's so powerful you nearly don't see the people, nice beachside view that looks a bit too sharpened on my picky screen
Have a nice evening
JY

Old 04-06-2007, 03:57 PM
TE Newbie

Default To PixelTerror: Your critique

Hi Jean Yves,
Thanks for the critique on my Worms Head Pools photo. It is greatly appreciated.
The image is the first I posted with my new Panasonic FZ8, a step up from my previous compacts, and I am already enjoying the new challenge.
Having received the camera the day before I made this trip, I was too impatient to read the manual closely and just took photos with the fixed lens set at 36mm which explains the wide angle view.
The camera does have a sharpness setting, although I kept it at standard, and sharpened the image in post processing as I have always done with previous photos. I'm not sure whether the sharpness on screen is due to the new camera's sharpness setting, or indeed the actual physical sharpness of the rocks, which were like knife edges!
I shall post a few more photos from this trip during the holidays, it will be interesting to see if they appear the same after processing...
Thanks again for your critique, it has certainly given me some thing to think about!

Many Regards, and I wish you a happy weekend,

Steve