Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Luko 2007-03-07 2:43

that hand poking from the right, man... is that one of Vishnu's pointing the way to his afficionados. Like Peter says, this should be Somme 1917. Just for information, what should be the color cast of this picture?

Story about north and south India as different countries. i was at Holi time in Thanjavur and Pondicherry, as I was getting excited hearing about Holi on Indian Tv, I asked where should Holi take place : north, they said to my disappointment... instead I had Masi Magam in Pondy... I suppose you don't know that, you northerners, eh?

btw, a favorite.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:53 PM
TE Expert

Default To Luko: true

but masi magam is primarily a tamil festival and not a general south indian festival.. for example festivals like pongal and onam are pretty much restricted to different states.

however i'm not sure but you might have come across bonfires burning on the eve of holi.. all over the north, it is called "chhoti holi" (small holi) and is celebrated because holika, the sister of the demon king hiranyakashyap (i think) got burnt while she sat with prahlad (a vishnu devotee and the child of hiranyakashyap.... still not sure about the name. my epic history is really weak at the moment) in fire.

ont eh other hand bonfires in the south are burnt because shiv opened his third eye and burnt kamdev (the god of love) who had shot him with an arrow for him to fall in love with his consort parvati..

it's like on the day of dussehra which is celebrated all over north india, bengalis celebrate durga puja on the same day.

the colour cast...
hmmmmmm
it was green
it was yello
it was red
it was pink..
it was everything...
i was covered with about half a cm of colour
and had lots of it in my mouth and camera.
my camera's broken :) because i couldn't see anything, my finger went inside the shutter (a few days later in a temple) while changing the film.
but i got a photograph.