Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

rosaline 2006-11-29 15:16

Hi Dario
This is a well framed and composed night view. I like the majestic look you have captured of the tower and the good balance in exposure control generally. The sharpness and colour distribution are well achieved, too.
There is some flare on the picture from the nearby street light which can be overcome by using a smaller aperture and an extra filter to cut down the excess light. However, the greatest way to avoid this is to take the picture during the blue hour. The sky is rather dark and has caused burn out on the main light sources. A blue hour shot, taken earlier with a dark blue sky, would reduce the contrast and add some extra colour to the scene. Overall, though, a great shot. Well done.
Aubrey

Old 12-01-2006, 04:36 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To rosaline: Quite an articulate comment...

Hi Aubrey,
yours is by far the longest and most articulate comment, I've received on TE till now! Thanks a lot for your appreciation.
Regrettably for me, I was in Modena at work and I lost the blue hour, so I had to be content to shot in late evening. I have other versions captured with a smaller aperture, but the starbust effect on the nearby lamp is excessive and for this reason I decided to post this one.
I'm happy you visited my gallery, Dario

PS Sorry for my English, I hope that my reply is comprehensible enough.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:14 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To rosaline: Quite an articulate comment...

Hi Dario
Thanks for your reply. Your English is fine and better than my Italian for sure!! Keep shooting. And I will be looking forward to more night shots from you in the future.
Have a great weekend.

Aubrey