Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great rosaline 2006-12-01 4:00

Hi Geof
I visited Cappadocia in April. It was a great experience seeing the rock formations, and the churches hewn out of the landscape. Your picture is great though it does have a lot of contrast. This is not surprising with Fuji Velvia. I like the composition and good colouring too. Nice work.
Aubrey

Old 11-30-2006, 06:06 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To rosaline: hi

unfirtunately it is scanned from a machine print and i still am not satisfied as to what to do with the results..they usually are a bit misty and lack lustre..
the film is ok..its me and this epson all singing scanner that doesnt get on
useful critique
cheers
geof
Old 11-30-2006, 07:47 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To rosaline: hi

Hi Geof
I also have an all singing and all dancing scanner. It does everything in the whole universe!! I usually scan the same picture 4 or 5 times at different settings and see which one comes out the best. This is something you can try doing and see if it works. You can change the dpi setting and see how it goes. Good luck.
Aubrey
Old 11-30-2006, 09:53 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To rosaline: hi

thanks..mine is a epson cx 3200
when i said all singing i meant it is a printer and copier..it didnt cost a lot and the printer is not bad
i just felt that not a lot of technology went into the scanner
i use 300 dpi to scan but the prints are abominable being done at a corner shop for holiday snaps only...
not a problem...
thanks for the advice though.i will try another turkey scan tomorrow on higher dpi and at differing settings..
cheers
geof