Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Betty 2006-08-17 13:07

Hey Mohamed, I really like your gallery, it's nice to see some of the less stereotypical aspects of Egypt.
This is a nice street photo, very interesting POV and composition but you shouldn't be on the tracks! :)
There is a tendency for your sunset/sunrise photos to seem grainy, maybe lower ISO film with longer exposure would help? but I'm really not a pro so I might be wrong. Keep up the great work!
TFS, Betty

Old 08-18-2006, 02:40 AM
TE Newbie

Default To Betty: thx :)

Hi Betty,
thanks alot for a very nice comment. It's good to know my point in getting through to anyone about showing a different kind of Egypt that's totally left out.
About the grainy pics, it's not that i use high ISO but it gets to be that way from scanning as i shoot film not digi ... my latest pics were all digi though ...
i like your gallery alot ... like how u focus on the people, something i was not that successful in capturing, great work ... keep it up :)
thanks again and hope to hear from you soon,
Kov
Old 08-19-2006, 05:46 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To Betty: thx :)

oops I'm sorry, I actually thought that it could be the scan but prefered to be a smart ass :)
Thank you for visiting my gallery, I actually find that taking pictures of strangers is difficult, if you ask before you take a photo then you miss the "moment" if you don't ask you feel like a voyeur, especially children, parents can get very offended (with all the pedophilia going around in the news it's understandable) so I always ask the parent permission first. It's a subtle balance, and you always have to ask yourself if you are violating their privacy while trying to capture a slice of life.

btw what does "Kov" stand for?
Old 08-19-2006, 08:58 PM
TE Newbie

wekk u're right ... asking people ruins the moment most of the time ... i usually do take pics of poeple when i'm sure i feel it's ok :) ...
Kov is the last three letter of my nickname haijekov ... friends call me kov cause it's shorter :) ...
u still live in France?
Old 08-20-2006, 02:07 PM
TE Newbie

I think it helps to take photos of strangers when you're carrying a reflex, people just think "oh it's a pro", but when you're snapping away with a compact in a non-touristic context I think they can get suspicious :)

To answer your question, yes I live in Paris, never know where I'll be next month though! Just got my new digital compact, so as long as I'm here I'll be out taking pics, but I'm still trying to get a hang of the functions.

I noticed kov was part of your nickname, but how did you get the nickname haijekov? :)
Old 08-23-2006, 02:12 AM
TE Newbie

well ... i got that nick when i was like 14 or something :) ... my last name is hayek ... i was obsessed by russian and soviet stories at the time ... and so my friends called me haijekov and it stuck :D
Old 08-23-2006, 01:08 PM
TE Newbie

ahh that makes sense now! thank you for satisfying my overly nosy curiosity :)