Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good haijekov 2006-06-08 8:34

hi tale :) nice pic to display how nice diving in egypt is. and a great take too :) was that in dahab??
as a diver like you are i'd tip u to use flash while shooting underwater. makes the colours appear.
as light passes through water frequencies are damped of one colour after the other. so at ten metres depth for example u can't see a red coral with it's original colour, the deeper you go the more bluish everything becomes even if their original colour is different (yellow for example)... when u use flash the source of light (your flash) us closer to the object of interest than the sun :) so colours don't fade and appear making your pics look alot more alive and beautiful.
u can even try that point by using a diving torch by day. u'll notice how things' colours appear better when u face them with the torch even in daytime :)
enjoy diving and take more pictures for us here to enjoy ;)
kov

Old 06-08-2006, 03:46 PM
TE Newbie

Default To haijekov: expiane

My friend,
Thank you for critique my photo, reason whay it is so bad is because camera with which I make photo is for underwater deep max.4-5m. and i take this photo about 10-12m. So camera have problem with focus,light,exposure....
I hope you will find more nice photos from me on earth.
Thanks, Regards-Tale
Old 06-08-2006, 04:07 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To haijekov: expiane

you're most welcome :)
the main factor for colour loss underwater is lighting. try on your next dive to take a flashlight with you and see how things look with the spot light on them... and enjoy the colours ;)
and contact me the next time u're in egypt maybe we could go diving together ;)