Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-26-2006, 08:46 PM
TE Junior Member

Default D70s trouble

My new D70s keeps displaying 'err' and locking out, after just 10 days!!! My dealer has kindly offered to send me a new body.
But I was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar problems, and what this 'err' message might point to. It tends to happen more on slightly faster shutter speeds... but happens on both auto modes and manual modes.
Generally Nikon make damn good camera's right? What other known faults are out there lurking...?
Old 05-29-2006, 10:32 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: D70s trouble

I told you to buy Canon :D
Welcome to Digital Simone, time to get the train again ;)

Are you using any Sigma Lenses? i've heard that a couple of older versions of Sigma provoque that error ...
Old 05-29-2006, 10:52 AM
TE Junior Member

Ah ha. Hola Mario.
Yes you did tell me, and owning a Canon already, I would have just naturally progressed that way. But my family bought it for as a present, so I can't complain.
Regarding the Sigma lenses, no I am only using the kit lens at the moment. I've found out since that this problem is probally a shutter issue. Must say though, the replacment they sent me (it took 3 days!) seems to be OK. I'll be posting images very soon, once I've understood how to process RAW files....
Old 05-29-2006, 10:55 AM
TE Expert

shot JPEG :D
Old 05-29-2006, 07:14 PM
TE Junior Member

Simon,

I see that message on my D100 if there's no CF card in the slot, so it could be something to do with that.

On the topic of RAW/JPEG shooting - go for RAW every time without a doubt. Get yourself a free copy of "RAWShooter essentials" to do the processing.

Ron.