Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great banyanman 2005-11-05 6:07

Good exposure, DOF and sharpness, Peter. If you hand-held this you must have a steady hand. I have to say that despite my many trips to Korea I haven't developed a taste for kimchi. I can eat it but don't go crazy over it like the Koreans do. In North Korea they serve it with every meal, just like in South Korea. Cheers . . . David

Old 03-16-2006, 03:40 AM
TE Newbie

Default To banyanman: Hi David

The two years I spent in Korea I hated kimchi. I acquired my taste for it after returning to the states. I liked my stay in Korea so much that I ordered kimchi anytime I ate at a Korean resturant. My american wife even makes it for me now with a recipe she got from one of my friends with a korean wife. Now that's a rarity! An american woman that makes kimchi for her american husband...;-)

I was part of a three man survey crew that stopped for lunch in an oriental resturant in Branson Missouri one day. Two of us had spent time in Korea. When I saw bulgogi and kimchi on the menu I knew what I wanted. When the other guy saw kimchi on the menu he immediately started bad mouthing it; telling us how disgusting it was. When the waitress took our orders, the one who had not been in Korea sure looked at me hard, like "how can you order that after what he said about it?" It was a good meal that brought back old memories.

Warm Regards,

Dave