Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-28-2005, 01:03 AM
TE Junior Member

Default How did I make those cookies?

Just wanted everyone to know that I posted a link to the Nestle cookie recipe (which is very similar to the one I used) to my introduction page. I'm making them tonight, as a matter of fact. If you get the chance to try the recipe, even with alterations, let me know how it goes. Pretend I actually did send them through the internet to you. LOL

:o) Enjoy! :o)

Michelle
Old 10-28-2005, 03:04 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: How did I make those cookies?

hi Michelle
and I thought you had some question about the internet cookies ... lols
I am having a tough time to make my pizza dough rise and become soft ... I have no idea if I am keeping the dough to rise at wrong temperature ... or if my yeast is not workig well.
would you know any detailed recipe for pizza on the net ....
cheers .... sarju
Thanks for the cookie recipe ... I will try it once I can get my pizza to rise like a star .. lols ... i have got these amazing toppings ... but the I am failing on the dough thing
Old 10-28-2005, 03:15 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: pizza dough

And now instead of a photo and music site, TE can also be a cooking site! LOL

Whenever I've had trouble with pizza dough, or another type of yeast bread - it's usually old yeast that is too blame. If you have fresh yeast, then you're probably at the wrong temperature while it rises - did you remember to cover the dough to keep in the warmth and moisture?

And sometimes it's okay if the crust is not perfect, if you have amazing toppings that is. ;o)

Good luck!
Old 10-28-2005, 03:22 AM
TE Expert

go to pizza hut ahahah :P
Old 10-28-2005, 04:10 AM
TE Junior Member

If you wanna make a pizza ask an Italian! No offence digi-mom : )

Here is a how to make optium pizza
you need 1kg of flour, yeast, 500ml of water, 2 table spoon of olive oil (xtra vergin ofcouse) and 2 tea spoons of salt.

First pre heat your oven, or if you are using a wood oven start to chop down a tree and burn the wood!

Next throw some of the flour on the table, and some over your shoulder for fun.

Put the rest of the flour on the table with a hollow in the middle, like a vulcano (as pizza was invented in Napoli think Vesuvio.
Now add the yeast, water and other ingridents in the crater and start to mix with your hands until the dough becomes soft and smooth like a babies bottom! Now cover it with a damp cloth and leave for a few minutes.

Whist your oven is warming up you can make one of 2 choices.

1. If you like it 'high' or deep pan as the Americans call it, leave the dough wrapped in the damp cloth for 1.5 hours. Then roll it out into your tray and into the oven.

or

2. If you like it thin and crispy like a Roman pizza, roll it out straight away into the pan and staright into the oven.

As the home oven is not as hot as the wood oven, you need to cook it for at least 20mins in total. First you add only the tomato sauce, and cook it for 15mins, then remove it from the oven and add the mozzarella cheese and anything you find in your fridge and return it to the oven for the alst 5 mins of cooking.

Prepare your table with a red checked tablecloth and serve with a cold Moretti beer, or if Valentino Rossi is coming serve with Nastro Azzurro or his sponsors will be upset.

If you still have time left go to TE and give my photos lots of critiques : )

Secrets how to obtain a Pizza fantastico
1. High Oven temperture
2. The dough most not be worked to hard, but more like a soft massage to a lady, but luckily not as long, 3 minutes should be enough.
3. Important the ratio of water to flour, too much water or too little water and you will destroy everything.
4. For best results use gassy water as the mineral salts in these waters improve the dough.

BUON APPETITO : )
Old 10-28-2005, 04:13 AM
TE Junior Member

Do you have a photo to go with that? ;o)
Old 10-28-2005, 04:42 AM
TE Expert

Thanks a lot for your recipe Simone ....
Now I am going to radically change the way I make pizza.
I knew there was something wrong in the way I was making pizza
he he .... now I know ...
I will let you know how it turns out tomorrow or day after.
cheers man .... sarju
PS: would'nt it be cool if threre was a website (TrekFood) where people could critique each other's cooking ... I guess everybody would be eating great food that ways ..... I know there are too many limitations in what I am thinking but i like to let my imagination fly
Old 10-28-2005, 11:37 AM
TE Junior Member

....Hmmmm there's an idea, watch this space....
Old 11-04-2005, 01:40 AM
TE Expert

Default Finally risen

My Pizza and rosemary Focaccia have both risen beautifully with an awesome grace ... thanks to your directions and advice guys
Just in case you guys need some directions about North Indian cooking ... let me know
cheers for now ..... Sarju
Old 11-04-2005, 04:05 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Finally risen

Ciao Sarju
I love Indian cooking, I have a few recipes from Madhur Jaffry, she's this awesome TV chef, more like a mum than a pro chef.
If you got something to pass on to us Biryani lovers, I am all ears.
I make my own Garam Masala and don't much excuse to use it.
Come Sarju man help me out...
Simone..