Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great haans_gruber 2005-10-06 14:35

Hi Mathew,
How can we claim there is a price too high to reconstruct a church for the Son of man, who willingly gave his life for the whole of humanity?

John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

To Christians, this is a small price to pay to have the house of God rebuilt where it once stood, knowing it was torn down by tyrannical government.

Excellent photo.
I received this same photo (different angle) from a Russian friend not so long ago.
I like the lone woman (babushka) on the stairs as you have pointed out.
Great job!

peace,

haans :)

Old 10-07-2005, 10:24 AM
TE Newbie

Default To haans_gruber: Not necessary

Your message is completely unnecessary and inappropriate. This is a hobby photo website for people interested in travel and photography, not an open forum for debate about personal religious beliefs.

If you had read my note carefully, you may have noticed that I was not expressing my own opinion about the church or its costs to Russian taxpayers, but rather a generally understood opinion among Moscovites and other Russians familiar with the city. In fact, as an American with presumably no first-hand knowledge of Russia, you are making a lot of assumptions in your statement to me that you have no right to make, let alone express in a non-related setting such as TE.

Regardless, I would like to make one thing clear: You may have very strong opinions, but you are not welcome to express them to me anymore. Please do not comment on any more of photographs.