Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 08-18-2005, 03:00 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Wirraway: please explain.....

Sorry, Ian, I'm fairly ignorant about filters. What would be the effect of using a gndf here? And would it be used on the camera or in post processing? (I hope this is not an inane question!!)
Jenny
Old 08-18-2005, 07:38 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To Wirraway: please explain.....

Hi again
A graduated neutral density filter is much like a car windscreen where the top bit is tinted, the filter,either square or circular is clear on one half and tinted on the other, I use the square type and move it in the position I want.

If your camera does not have a thread on the end of the lens you can still use it by carefully holding it in place with your hand or use a bit of tape.

In your shot you would set the line between clear and tint on the horizon and depending on the srength of the tint (usually 1,2,3 stop) will bring the foreground
out as well as retain the sky.

Hope this helps you to understand, next time you are in a photographic shop get the sales person to show you one.

Cheers Ian
Old 08-19-2005, 06:59 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To Wirraway: please explain.....

Thanks for taking the time to explain this, Ian - interesting to know I can use it even though I'm not able to attach lenses or filters to my camera.