Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great lousat 2014-06-03 11:18

Hi Geo! Welcome back after some months,what happen's? I hope that all is right for you! And you're back with this imposing perspective of this very old boat,a great capture made with the best detail and colors,and excellent note too about the old boats and the danger for men and sea too,i like it! Have a nice evening and thanks,Luciano

Old 06-03-2014, 07:35 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To lousat: All is Normal

Thanks Luciano All is Normal ! I too want to be well . I deal briefly with another kind photo. my teacher writes:
" A photograph consists of a mixture of a certain amount of communication and a certain amount of poetry. The ratio of one to the other places the photograph in the category of a recording or the category of a work of art. In the second case, the image itself must encompass all the elements which establish its metamorphosis and bring out the emotions. In the first category, communication is achieved (in the best of cases) with the help of common cultural points of reference which most viewers can look back to and (in the worst case scenario) with the aid of other objects and comments, when the function of the photograph is restricted to the representation of the written communication. Naturally, the wider public is much more familiar with the communicative dimension of photography rather than its poetic aspect, which presupposes some knowledge of poetic photographic language." greetings Geo
Old 06-03-2014, 08:51 PM
TE Expert

Default ...

i agree with you,maybe TE is not the best website to do that..
Old 06-07-2014, 09:12 AM
TE Senior Member

Default amateurism

One problem with communication in Art is the perplexity it encounters from the artistically public, amateurism and contact with people is a message Many images I handled, and the result is zero! there are views that go by without any impact and artists who go by unnoticed but good behold and work. " Even artists preferred to dedicate more time to the interpretative process in art and their art rather than the production process. The photograph inevitably stars in the diffusion of this method. There are many different reasons for this. Time required for its creation is usually minimal, with the result that it requires the addition of textual analysis to increase its prestige. The obvious information it carries are perfect for the formulation of apparently logical statements. Its mystery is not obvious and its surface resists the abstract, tending towards interpretation and proof. It is almost certain that this tendency to underline the logical interpretation of the photograph to the detriment of its poetic word will not shake off easily. Let us hope at least to retain the respect for the power of the mystery and the abstract which must always be present when looking at photography as an art and art as a spiritual work." Regards Geo