Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Longroute 2011-12-22 11:57

I like both your two last posts, which are similar. Partially because I like the painting you photographed and partially because I like the composition with the people watching them and taking pictures. Both are simple and both are communicative and so they keep us staring at them.
At first I thought that the title was hinting at the "holy night" but it's likely that you don't celebrate this Christian holiday. Any way I send you my best wishes for the Season because probably I won't be here for the New year.

Donato

Old 12-22-2011, 08:56 PM
TE Expert

Default To Longroute: Merry christmas

I'm a physicist, and not very religious. But we do observe the religious holidays for the sake of the grandchildren. (I was born in Turkey, which made me nominally Islamic, educated at Eton (Anglican), then St. Andrew's (Episcopal/Anglican), Georgetown University (Catholic), Princeton. I practice a field where there is a preponderance of Jews. I've picked up the best and worst of each. But I will make my last post a Merry Christmas message.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:49 PM
TE Expert

Default I've picked up the best and worst of each

Hello Bulent!

your answer made me smile!
I think that only in the States you can have such a mix of religions and ethnic groups so close to each another...
As you know I live in a catholic country but I've abandoned Catholicism long ago when I was a teenager, so actually I don't celebrate Christmas. Anyway in Europe and especially in Italy, Christmas is either only an excuse for drinking and eating too much or - in the best case - an occasion to greet friends or relatives you don't see or hear since long time. And it is in this last spirit that I keep on wishing merry Christmas to my actual or virtual friends.

Ciao,
Donato