Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great weetrees 2010-07-20 12:29

Hi Dougie
I dont think i had spotted any of yours till i saw this one in John (TYRO's) favs

Its very well captured and framed
the depth is great and the stillness of this time in the morning is conveyed through to the onlooker
I hear you about the midges
I was up on Loch Assynt taking photographs of Ardvreck Castle and i swear there were another 20 million of them surrounding me
I am deffo gonna invest in one of dem head net things for my next foray up that way

Regards
John

PS i really enjoyed the w/s version being a fan of b&w

Old 08-02-2010, 05:28 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To weetrees: midgies

Thanks John - But some hard earned advice.....don't bother with the hat. What you need is a Full Midge Jacket like I have and possibly surgical rubber gloves for extreme bogs or long term exposure, I kiddeth not! I bought mine in what was the climbers shop in Kinlochewe but I think that the shop may have gone now. But - always in the landrover - no alchemists creams or potions and it works!! - even against the worst in this bonny land - the invisible St Mary's Loch midgies in early morning!

Dougie.