Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great andante 2009-02-08 14:27

New Jersey... middle of the winter... this picture makes me long for the spring days... would like to hear your comments about the Mark II.
The people in the picture with a touch of 'wish you were here'

TFS,
Enrique

Old 04-11-2009, 11:10 AM
TE Newbie

Default To andante: CANON 5D Mark II

Hello Enrique, Thank you for tiur critique. The Mark II could be described on many pages, Just shortly - wonderful. Extremely high sensitivity and low noise, so you can take pictures at night - see couple of the Moscow pictures or the boat during the morning twighlite - all takem from hand without any tripod (the older lady with the candles was enlarged from a much larger picture, so the noise here is higher). Very fast automatic focusing - see the flying flamingoes, I made there over 100 pictures of these flying birds and just 3 or 5 were slightly out of focus. The body is water and dust resistant as it was at 1D Mark II. Lower power consumption then the regular 5D and more powerful battery => spare bateries and car chargers still not available. After having been using it for over 4 months, I still believe, I have the best camera in the World. Can just recommend it. Some minor technical problems (white spots at lower resolutions were half white and half black) were already solved by the new firmware version. Should you need any specific info, feel free to ask.
Best regards to New Jersey in the middle of winter from Prague, which is already in full Spring swing - we have now 68įF in shadow.
Best regards,
MIhcael
Old 04-13-2009, 04:50 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To andante: CANON 5D Mark II

Hi Michael, thanks for taking the time to reply to my question. At the moment, I have decided to invest more money into the lenses and then upgrade to a better camera. Just got the 24-105 f/4L and the 16-35 f/2.8L... the quality is just out of this world!
Best regards,
Enrique