Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-06-2009, 08:46 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: What do YOU learn when you write a critique or comment?

I am pretty new to trekearth but I am finding most of my critiques are complimentary comments on my photos, this is not a bad thing and I appreciate the comments but as a begginer photographer I would really love some more technical critiques on the good AND the not so good aspects of my photos and ideas as to how to improve the pictures, I think these are the critiques that really help us learn and improve photography. If everyone tries to be openminded about accepting criticism then they will learn alot more, as long as the criticim left is constructive.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:12 AM
TE Expert

Michelle...

AMEN!!
Old 03-06-2009, 11:17 AM
TE Expert

Michelle,
By the same token would it not be logical to comment back on those that comment/critique on your work? I don't care about the points but I seldom critique more than a couple of times if there is no acknowledgment of my input.

Greg
Old 03-06-2009, 04:12 PM
TE Junior Member

For me critiquing/commenting on a photo is a deconstructive/thinking-out-loud process in which I try to point out what I like and dislike about it. Sometimes it can be useful, sometimes people get defensive.
Greg, I agree with your comment, I couldn't care less about the points but I do like to hear what people has to say about my work; whether it is good or bad.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:25 PM
TE Senior Member

me, also, I am agree with you but my english isn't very good to speak about sujet
I prefer speak in French and you will say if you have understood me
I think that critique with la pastille green, ok but it's necessary de dire and explain la technicité s'il y a lieu
et avec les explications techniques , we must learn much
say:I like or I don't like ne suffit pas, il faut donner la technicité, le cadrage, corriger etc...
if you aren't agree with the persons, it's possible mais les conseils ne sont pas à négliger pour les mettre en pratique
ce qui compte c'est s'améliorer et non pas sur "I LIKE OR NO" mais donner une méthode
Yours photos Greg, I like certaines et d'autres non; or ta technicité n'est pas remise en cause

je ne pense pas avoir fait un hors sujet et avoir compris ce que Greg voulait dire
merci d'avoir soulevé ceci
juliette
Old 03-10-2009, 02:37 PM
TE Expert

Julie, I do not have trouble with the French. I understand some and can use the translation program to get most of the rest of it. The critique is the important part, good or bad.

Julie, je n'ai pas des ennuis avec le Français. J'en comprends et peux employer le programme de traduction pour obtenir la majeure partie du reste de lui. La critique est la part importante, bon ou mauvais.

Greg
Old 03-11-2009, 01:03 PM
TE Senior Member

ok bonjour
mais tu voulais bien savoir ce que l'on apprenait en mettant une critique?
je pense que sur le côté technique la critique est la bienvenue et ne peut que nous aider à améliorer certaines erreurs
et bien sur les critiques pour dire "j'aime ou je n'aime pas" c'est autre chose et surtout question de gout, je pense; moi dans ce cas je passe, je regarde mais ne mets pas de critique
voilà merci à toi et bonne journée
juliette
Old 03-11-2009, 01:35 PM
TE Expert

Julie,

Excellent point, the matter of taste. I have no idea how anything subjective like that could be addressed and it is the main point of why we look at a photo in the first place, passing on a shot could really be nothing more than this.

Greg