The TrekEarth Forums - View Single Post - To magalik: Martian spies and the universe
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 10:28 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To magalik: Martian spies and the universe

Magali!!!

You want to remove me from planet Earth! Jamais! I shall remain here, and inform the entire Martian delegation that there is a brilliant photographer named Magali who will cause the destruction of Mars...

Hahaha - merci tres bien pour your comment. It would indeed be funny if I could float around in a spacewalk with a tripod - just taking pictures of the universe. However, as long as I'm locked on the planet, I must do my best

Yes - the mirror is one of these round mirrors. Actually - I didn't have a tripod on this visit, so I was trying more and more innovative ways to mount the camera. So for this photo, I placed the camera upside down on the frame of the telescope, and without composing, pressed the shutter. Later, during postprocessing, I tried to make it look as good as possible, but when a friend thought I had taken the photo from outerspace (she actually thought I was secretly working at NASA), I got the idea that it's a very astronomical image!

Sadly, although not having a tripod gave me this photo, it also resulted in a bad incident. Literally minutes later, the camera dropped from a ledge, and knocked the lens out of alignment. So i'm stuck with a blurry lens for now. I'm definitely never EVER leaving my tripod at home.

Biswaroop