Fotos

Photographer's Note

St. Andrew's Church - Campi

It is located close to the fourteenth-century door entrance of the upper part of the field, built in the fourteenth century, was under the dependencies of the abbey of Sant'Eutizio. Externally shows a porch roof Renaissance triangular and five arches, added in the sixteenth century, where they are clearly visible and recognizable traces of decorations and frescoes of Sant'Andrea, the crucifix with the Castle Campi and St. Luke.
From here you can enjoy one of the most beautiful that you can admire the Valley of Campiano.
Under it there are two portals: the left, the oldest and part of the original building, presents the key to the lamb Crucifer (lamb holding a cross and that is to represent the people who sacrifice attains salvation ) and two columns that support, above the capitals, two sculptures of lions, the right one is the Renaissance, the wooden doors are dated 1570. on the left, funerary inscription from the mausoleum of the gens Entedia (first century BC), was reused as recycled material, mounted upside down.
The interior shows a stone floor with graves and is divided into two naves and three bays of the pillars supporting the ceiling consists of vaults. The nave of the left part of the original building, the right is an addition Renaissance.
Between the two portals is placed the choir with organ of 1787 built by Venanzo Faithful under which also hosts a font oval column Renaissance style. In front, leaning against the pillar and closed by a gate, is placed the baptismal font column stone built in the sixteenth century. It was equipped with a characteristic stone cover worked scales that unfortunately was stolen. To the left of the altar dedicated to San Carlo Borromeo, built in 1584 by Giuseppe Traversini, below the altar of the Crucifix, with a wooden statue of the sixteenth century.
The apse (now reduced to the sacristy), is separated from the nave left through an interesting wooden false wall in 1596, fully decorated, painted and carved. Above the doors that lead into the sacristy there are two lipsanoteche, the center is a Crucifixion painted. The sanctuary houses a beautiful pulpit carved and inlaid sixteenth century of Seneca school, masters of lignari Piedivalle (also worked in the nearby abbey Sant'Eutizio), then an altar in masonry leaning against the right wall and dedicated to St. Andrew near which is placed in a niche, a wooden statue of the patron saint.
On the right wall there are two altars, one dedicated to St. Anthony of Padua with next statue of the saint, the second altar instead is placed in a niche frescoed in the second half of 1500 and representing the Madonna of the Rosary.

kordinator, snunney, ikeharel, fritzi007, jjcordier, adramad, omid266, photoray, tyro marcou esta nota como útil

Photo Information
  • Copyright: Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 16667 W: 130 N: 34426] (191477)
  • Genre: Lugares
  • Medium: Cor
  • Date Taken: 2015-01-10
  • Categories: Arquitectura
  • Exposição: f/3.5, 1/60 segundos
  • More Photo Info: view
  • Versão da Foto: Versão Original
  • Date Submitted: 2015-01-11 0:07
Viewed: 1355
Points: 34
Discussions
Additional Photos by Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 16667 W: 130 N: 34426] (191477)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH