Fotos

Photographer's Note

May 22: Haines, AK

The Eldred Rock Light is an historic octagonal lighthouse at the mouth of Lynn Canal in Alaska. It is the last of the ten lighthouses constructed in Alaska between 1902 and 1906. It was also the last and is the only remaining of 12 manned lighthouses that were started in Alaska. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as Eldred Rock Lighthouse.

Soon after the United States purchased the Alaskan territory from Russia in 1867, the discovery of gold brought a rush of miners and maritime traffic to the coastal region. Recognizing the hazards in Alaskan waters, a string of hastily-built wooden lighthouses were erected during the turn of the century. Before lighthouses marked the channel, a passenger ship named the Clara Nevada started her journey southward from Skagway to Seattle. Loaded with passengers and a shipment of dynamite, the steamer ran aground at Eldred Rock and exploded. The event caused the Lighthouse Board to take action, approving plans for a lighthouse on Eldred Rock in 1902. Commissioned in 1906, Eldred Rock Light Station was the last lighthouse constructed in Lynn Canal; the second station in Alaska with light and fog-signal apparatus and keepers' quarters combined in a single structure; and the first lighthouse in Alaska constructed with concrete. Its light was automated by the United States Coast Guard in 1973 and downgraded to a minor light.

This is a view of the lighthouse from south-west. If you squint your eyes, you can see the eagle in my previous post still perched on top of the pine tree to its left.

The workshop for this entry includes:
Eldred Rock from South: A view of Eldred Rock from the south, showing the lighthouse from a different angle.


Mayıs 22: Haines, AK

Eldred Kayası Deniz Feneri

Eldred Kayası Feneri, Alaska'daki Lynn Kanalı'nın ağzında bulunan tarihi bir sekizgen deniz feneridir. Alaska’da 1902 ve 1906 yılları arasında inşa edilen on fenerin sonuncusudur. Aynı zamanda Alaska'da başlatılan 12 insanlı fenerin sonuncusuydu ve tek geri kalanıdır. Ulusal Tarihi Yerler Sicilinde Eldred Kayası Deniz Feneri olarak listelenmiştir.

Amerika Birleşik Devletleri 1867'de Alaska bölgesini Rusya'dan satın aldıktan kısa bir süre sonraki altın keşfi kıyı bölgesine bir madenciler ve deniz trafiği getirdi. Alaska sularındaki tehlikelerin farkında olarak, yüzyılın başlarında bir dizi aceleyle inşa edilmiş ahşap fenerler dikildi. Deniz fenerleri kanalı işaretlemeden önce, Clara Nevada adlı bir yolcu gemisi Skagway'den güneye doğru Seattle'a yola çıktı. Yolcular ve bir dinamit nakliyesi ile yüklenen gemi, Eldred Kayası’nda karaya oturdu ve patladı. Bu olay, Deniz Feneri Kurulunun harekete geçmesine ve 1902'de Eldred Rock'taki deniz fenerinin planlarını onaylamasına neden oldu. 1906’da görevlendirilen Eldred Kayası Fener İstasyounu, Lynn Kanalında ınşa edilen son deniz feneri; Alaska’daki ışık ve sis-sinyal cihazları ile bakıcıların bulunduğu merkezleri tek bir yapıda birleştiren ikinci istasyon; ve Alaska'da betonla inşa edilen ilk deniz feneridir. Işığı 1973'te Amerika Birleşik Devletleri Sahil Güvenlik Komutanlığı tarafından otomatikleştirildi ve statüsü küçük bir fenere indirildi.

Bu, güneybatıdan deniz fenerinin bir görüntüsüdür. Gözlerinizi kısarsanız, önceki yüklememdeki kartalın fenerin solundaki çam ağacının tepesinde tünediğini görebilirsiniz.

Bu girişin atölyesinin içeriği:
Güneyden Eldred Kayası: Güneyden Eldred Kayası’na bakış, deniz fenerini farklı bir açıdan gösteren.


Exif Data
Camera / Image Information
Make: Canon
Model: Canon PowerShot SX60 HS
Lens: 3.8-247.0 mm
Software: Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 (Macintosh)
File Size: 943 kb
Shot Information
Exposure Time: 1/800
F-Stop: f/4.5
ISO Speed Ratings: 100
Focal length: 9.96 mm (in 35mm: 55.0 mm)
Date Taken: 2019-05-22 17:51
Metering Mode: Pattern
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode

Photo Information
Viewed: 346
Points: 48
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Murat Tanyel (mcmtanyel) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 6959 W: 300 N: 14885] (56046)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH