Photographer's Note

The religious order of the Agustinos arrived in Durango in 1621 and built a church dedicated to their founder, San Agustín, and the convent of San Nicolas Tolentino, patron of the flagellants. Later, a larger building was constructed to be used for housing the image of Our Father Jesus of Nazarene, a magnificent Sevillian sculpture which arrived in 1673.
Construction of the current stone church was begun in 1868 and ended in 1895.

ikeharel, Fis2, holmertz, snunney, jhm, papagolf21, PaulVDV marcou esta nota como útil

Photo Information
Viewed: 1006
Points: 22
  • None
Additional Photos by Pedro Montes (Periko) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 697 W: 129 N: 1121] (7455)
View More Pictures