Photographer's Note

A ducks family flotilla “entered” the view on the Loch-Ness side entrance to the Caledonian-Canal locks system at Fort-Augustus.
Location on the map: 57.1453, -4.679 .
The typical village elegant houses, population is about 700 and depend mostly on tourism.

Until 1715 year the Gaelic name of the village was Kiliwhimin. Than, In the aftermath of the Jacobite rising in 1715, General Wade built a fort (from 1729 until 1742) which was named after the Duke of Cumberland (info from Wikipedia). One main attraction is the locks system of the Caledonian-Canal connecting Loch-Ness to Loch-Oich.

Technicals: A RAW converted into JPEG, F5.6, exp.1/200, ISO250.


Photo Information
Viewed: 973
Points: 54
Additional Photos by Ike Harel (ikeharel) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 12171 W: 615 N: 22953] (97834)
View More Pictures