Fotos

Photographer's Note

El Palacio Grassi (Palazzo Grassi, en italiano; también conocido como Palacio Grassi-Stucky) es un imponente edificio de mármol blanco que está situado en el Gran Canal de Venecia, Italia. Diseñado por Giorgio Massari, el edificio fue construido entre 1748 y 1772 para la rica familia boloñesa de los Grassi.

Es un edificio tardío entre los palacios del Canal, pues tiene un clasicismo académico que está fuera de contacto con el entorno románico bizantino y barroco de los demás palacios venecianos. Tiene una fachada formal, que carece de la menor apertura mercantil.

Después de que la familia Grassi vendiese el palacio en 1840, su propiedad pasó por diferentes individuos. Fue adquirido por el grupo FIAT en 1983. Su objetivo era transformar el edificio en una sala de exposiciones para las artes visuales, que se ha mantenido hasta el día de hoy. Entre 1984 y 1990, Pontus Hultén estuvo a cargo del museo de arte. También contiene un teatro con una capacidad para 600 asientos al aire libre. Desde 2006, el palacio es propiedad del empresario francés François Pinault, que exhibe aquí su colección de arte.

Escultura gigante de un cráneo, elaborada con vasijas de metal de François Pinault.

Un WS.
--------------------------------------
The Palace Grassi (Palazzo Grassi, in Italian, also known as Palace Grassi-Stucky) is an imposing white marble building is located on the Grand Canal in Venice, Italy. Designed by Giorgio Massari, the building was constructed between 1748 and 1772 for the wealthy Bolognese Grassi family.

The building is among the palaces of the late Canal, it has an academic classicism that is out of touch with the environment Byzantine Romanesque and Baroque palaces of other Venetians. Have a formal facade, which lacks the lower opening trading.

After the family sold the Palace Grassi in 1840, his estate passed by different individuals. It was acquired by the Fiat group in 1983. Its aim was to transform the building into an exhibition hall for the visual arts, which has remained until today. Between 1984 and 1990, Pontus Hultén was in charge of the art museum. It also contains a theater with a capacity for 600 seats outdoors. Since 2006, the palace is owned by the French businessman François Pinault, exhibiting his art collection here.

Sculpture of a giant skull made with pot metal François Pinault.

A WS.

Photo Information
Viewed: 3137
Points: 40
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Charo Parras (Charo) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 5142 W: 58 N: 12086] (51212)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH